You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Lucy Letby trial
September 21 2023 2.11pm

Lucy Letby trial

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 8 of 12 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

 

View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 19 Aug 23 5.01pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Philís Barber

Two of the managers involved have already retired; It is reported that Ian Harvey (Medical Director) retired a few weeks after the arrest of Letby in 2018 and Karen Rees/Moore took retirement a few weeks before her arrest.

I sincerely hope there will be prosecutions and that all those responsible for the failings in this case face the severest of consequences.

Edited by Philís Barber (19 Aug 2023 3.24pm)

I expect the worst we will hear on a regular basis is that 'lessons will be learnt.'
As for prosecutions even though I'm with you on this, don't forget this is public sector and ranks have already been very firmly closed.

Who will be clapping into the dark when we next get a virus?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 19 Aug 23 5.06pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

I don't care about other countries healthcare issues neither do I want to destroy the NHS. I just want a service that is accountable for it's mistakes.

I don't blame the NHS for employing this lady I doubt anyone could have foreseen this.

I do blame the NHS for failing to investigation serious allegations and this is not the first time this has happened.

At some point they need to stop victim blaming.

My own family is going through a battle with the NHS at the moment the person leading the fight is not interested in compensation she doesn't even want anyone sacked. All she wants is the NHS to admit it's mistakes and to ensure it never happens to another family.

So there is no lawsuit what there is is an investigation ordered by the coroner and what has the NHS response been, denial and oh yes they have hired the most expensive lawyers in the country to defend themselves (we checked).

The default position of the NHS appears to be coverup rather than investigate. I am amazed that anyone can justify this.

You can't have both as has been very clearly shown. I can see the writing on the wall for the NHS, or at least certainly for its current structure. It is a total dinosaur that is in massive need of big changes to better serve the country. At the present time it is failing badly.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 19 Aug 23 5.40pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

You can't have both as has been very clearly shown. I can see the writing on the wall for the NHS, or at least certainly for its current structure. It is a total dinosaur that is in massive need of big changes to better serve the country. At the present time it is failing badly.

Not for me luckily.
Got admitted to Pembury hospital last Wednesday at 9am with an infected foot. Operated on by 3pm. Bed ridden and a second op on Monday. Discharged on Wednesday with district nurse yesterday and again on Monday. Intravenous anti biotics from entry and great care from all staff. Fed and watered. Chats when I needed them. Basically when I needed the NHS they were there for me and thank goodness for that. I had tracking which would or could have gone to sepsis. I might be out of the ordinary but I think Iím the rule not the exception.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 19 Aug 23 6.26pm Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

Not for me luckily.
Got admitted to Pembury hospital last Wednesday at 9am with an infected foot. Operated on by 3pm. Bed ridden and a second op on Monday. Discharged on Wednesday with district nurse yesterday and again on Monday. Intravenous anti biotics from entry and great care from all staff. Fed and watered. Chats when I needed them. Basically when I needed the NHS they were there for me and thank goodness for that. I had tracking which would or could have gone to sepsis. I might be out of the ordinary but I think Iím the rule not the exception.

Clinically, overall we still have some good hospitals, and you are lucky to be near such a state of the art new one. However the management structure of the NHS is where most issues lie.
Only approx half the staff are clinical. They are the UK biggest employer by far with just under 1.9 million. Yet they promote the fact that NHS England employs 1.5m. e.g. conveniently forgetting the c. 300,000 in the other 3 countries within the UK.
As can be seen, managing an organisation with that many people without any strong external overseer is a very difficult task, especially when the managers call nearly all the shots. No wonder they are all on such huge salaries ( not to be compared with premier league players of course) as they pretty much determine their own salaries.
There is no real solution to this major issue as any change requires the obvious support from within.
This doesn't even scratch the surface, but regardless, delighted to hear you had a good outcome and I would agree that when you get the service it is generally good.
There are however nearly 8 million people waiting for treatment today who may disagree.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View kevlee's Profile kevlee Flag born Wandsworth emigrated to Lanc... 19 Aug 23 6.39pm Send a Private Message to kevlee Add kevlee as a friend

The arse covering and finger pointing by the executives and board members in situ at the time that is now coming out is sickening.
These people were paid a lot of money, and they made the consultants who were suspicious apologise to this murderer? It beggars belief.
They really should be prosecuted.

 


Following Palace since 25 Feb 1978

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 19 Aug 23 6.41pm Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

Clinically, overall we still have some good hospitals, and you are lucky to be near such a state of the art new one. However the management structure of the NHS is where most issues lie.
Only approx half the staff are clinical. They are the UK biggest employer by far with just under 1.9 million. Yet they promote the fact that NHS England employs 1.5m. e.g. conveniently forgetting the c. 300,000 in the other 3 countries within the UK.
As can be seen, managing an organisation with that many people without any strong external overseer is a very difficult task, especially when the managers call nearly all the shots. No wonder they are all on such huge salaries ( not to be compared with premier league players of course) as they pretty much determine their own salaries.
There is no real solution to this major issue as any change requires the obvious support from within.
This doesn't even scratch the surface, but regardless, delighted to hear you had a good outcome and I would agree that when you get the service it is generally good.
There are however nearly 8 million people waiting for treatment today who may disagree.

Yes I get the appointment wait but in an emergency as I was they do give whatís expected and required. The private health sector is now being utilised for the NHS appointments and probably be just as cheap as in house. Maybe if the politics of finger pointing and why use private for click bait was calmed down the lists will reduce.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View PalazioVecchio's Profile PalazioVecchio Flag south pole 19 Aug 23 7.48pm Send a Private Message to PalazioVecchio Add PalazioVecchio as a friend

i guess the truth of the story will unfold over months and even years.

just wondering about her motives & psychology ? envy ? jealousy ? prejudice ?


in the case of Beverley Allitt, it was Munchausens.....a liar who always wishes to be at the center of attention, and engineers drama in order to feed than need for attention. You ever met one of those silly girls ? girl who deliberately 'loses' her handbag, at a party, and hijacks the whole party with people looking for the bag ? attention-seeking nutter.

Letby ? any ideas ? psychopath ? narcissist ? certainly she likes to wallow in self-pity. Certainly very brazen. She continued to murder even after being under suspicion. And she put in a grievance procedure to exonerate her name.

she also watched the Facebook profiles of the families of her victims. What psychology is that ? power hungry ? sadist ?

"One of the lines in the note by Letby found by police, which was shown to the court during her trial, said she had an "overwhelming fear... I'll never have children or marry... I will never know what it's like to have a family"...internet,,,, well, all true now that she is a longterm jailbird.

Edited by PalazioVecchio (19 Aug 2023 10.15pm)

 


inŠr n-aonar i Anerley,

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 19 Aug 23 9.52pm Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by PalazioVecchio

i guess the truth of the story will unfold over months and even years.

just wondering about her motives & psychology ? envy ? jealousy ? prejudice ?


in the case of Beverley Allitt, it was Munchausens.....a liar who always wishes to be at the center of attention, and engineers drama in order to feed than need for attention. You ever met one of those silly girls ? girl who deliberately 'loses' her handbag, at a party, and hijacks the whole party with people looking for the bag ? attention-seeking nutter.

Letby ? any ideas ? psychopath ? narcissist ? certainly she likes to wallow in self-pity. Certainly very brazen. She continued to murder even after being under suspicion. And she put in a grievance procedure to exonerate her name.

she also watched the Facebook profiles of the families of her victims. What psychology is that ? power hungry ? sadist ?

Edited by PalazioVecchio (19 Aug 2023 7.55pm)

How about just evil?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Aug 23 3.05am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

Originally posted by dreamwaverider

You can't have both as has been very clearly shown. I can see the writing on the wall for the NHS, or at least certainly for its current structure. It is a total dinosaur that is in massive need of big changes to better serve the country. At the present time it is failing badly.

I had a few friendly chats with the surgeon who operated on my shoulder last year. He told me that the NHS will be in continual decline and won't be recognizable in ten years.

It's not exactly what I wanted to hear as I'll be in my sixties then.

He said it's going to continue to get hit by senior retirements at a rate it can't maintain quality at. Essentially the actions that were required were needed decades ago......it's a familiar story and has parallels with our looming energy and housing crises.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Stirlingsays's Profile Stirlingsays Flag 20 Aug 23 3.17am Send a Private Message to Stirlingsays Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add Stirlingsays as a friend

As for the mental make up of Lucy Letby.

Just thinking about why someone would do that is very dark.....We can make assumptions but to be honest I don't want to.

 


'Who are you and how did you get in here? I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' (Leslie Nielsen)

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View dreamwaverider's Profile dreamwaverider Flag London 20 Aug 23 7.24am Send a Private Message to dreamwaverider Add dreamwaverider as a friend

The relevant managers should be charged with criminal negligence. Their actions played a huge part in most of the terrible baby deaths and injuries. It is absolutely scandalous to think these senior responsible people can shirk their liabilities by claiming the nauseating adage 'lessons will be learnt'. Well in their case, from a prison cell.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 20 Aug 23 8.14am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

The establishment cover up has already started the inquiry will not have powers to force witnesses to attend and give evidence under oath so expect those in the frame to already be making their excuses "sorry would love to come but washing my hair that day".

Hopefully the public outrage will change this into a full blown judicial inquiry.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 8 of 12 < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Lucy Letby trial