You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > What Have the Owners done Wrong?
May 22 2024 10.49pm

What Have the Owners done Wrong?

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

 

View Adrift's Profile Adrift Flag Creepy Crawley 04 Feb 24 10.56am Send a Private Message to Adrift Add Adrift as a friend

Originally posted by CpfcWeTrust1


............

Guaita left the club so they did need a second goal keeper and SJ did get injured. I dont agree with the amount spent nor do I think Henderson is much good but Roy keeps playing him.


...............

Surely not after yesterday

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CpfcWeTrust1's Profile CpfcWeTrust1 Flag 04 Feb 24 11.58am Send a Private Message to CpfcWeTrust1 Add CpfcWeTrust1 as a friend

Originally posted by Adrift

Surely not after yesterday

You would hope not but I expect Roy will play him again.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Rachid Rachid Rachid's Profile Rachid Rachid Rachid Flag 04 Feb 24 12.46pm Send a Private Message to Rachid Rachid Rachid Add Rachid Rachid Rachid as a friend

In fairness to SP he's tried to draw investment as and when its been needed to keep us in the division whilst trying to protect the club from the wrong type. So the current ownership structure has evolved through necessity and without Textor's money a couple of years back we'd already be in the Championship.

What I find really curious are the stories that Harris and Blitzer didn't understand the concept of relegation when they acquired their shares and (by inference) that their attitude to investment changed as a result.

As others have said a degree of complacency set in pre-season with the club gambling heavily on the three promoted teams not being good enough along with Forest.

I think there's been complacency amongst some of the fans as well with all the social media full of comment about what a great squad we had, Zaha no longer needed etc when IMO that wasn't the case.

Clearly there was a lack of height / strong headers of the ball which was exposed a bit towards the end of last season most notably against West Ham.

You could go on and on but most of all the lack of any real attacking quality or intensity throughout the whole team or squad when we lose two players. The warning signs were there pre-season.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View grumpymort's Profile grumpymort Flag US/Thailand/UK 04 Feb 24 2.37pm Send a Private Message to grumpymort Add grumpymort as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

In fairness to SP he's tried to draw investment as and when its been needed to keep us in the division whilst trying to protect the club from the wrong type. So the current ownership structure has evolved through necessity and without Textor's money a couple of years back we'd already be in the Championship.

What I find really curious are the stories that Harris and Blitzer didn't understand the concept of relegation when they acquired their shares and (by inference) that their attitude to investment changed as a result.

As others have said a degree of complacency set in pre-season with the club gambling heavily on the three promoted teams not being good enough along with Forest.

I think there's been complacency amongst some of the fans as well with all the social media full of comment about what a great squad we had, Zaha no longer needed etc when IMO that wasn't the case.

Clearly there was a lack of height / strong headers of the ball which was exposed a bit towards the end of last season most notably against West Ham.

You could go on and on but most of all the lack of any real attacking quality or intensity throughout the whole team or squad when we lose two players. The warning signs were there pre-season.


This is recycled misinformation.

The claims the Americans do not understand relegation etc is BS.

Those Americans are not rookies they would have over the years learnt numerous things about the sport.

How do you know SP has tried to draw investment you don't and he has not even put in place simple things like merchandise distribution worldwide.

Over a decade in this league and the Palace brand especially with US owners should have been spread yet you cant buy a Palace shirt in US unless you import it.

If we was so hard up as well SP should have stepped aside a long time ago him hanging around putting nothing in is not good for the club considering he claimed he would only be short term.

Why no stadium sponsor even if only 10m a year this could have been used towards ground improvements.

We are not missing Zaha people have overrated him and forget when he does nothing or sulks (The big loss form him was we got no for him should have let him go years ago but SP again bad business wanting unrealistic fee so another player walks for free)

Backroom setup is done on the cheap when you have the likes of Pardew coming into the club and forcing changes that sums up how poor it really was and I suggest people to go look who the backroom people are they really are not Prem quality mostly people who have some tie to Palace.

 


(VPN) - [Link]
(Alt VPN) - [Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Lanzo-Ad's Profile Lanzo-Ad Flag Lanzarote 04 Feb 24 2.52pm Send a Private Message to Lanzo-Ad Add Lanzo-Ad as a friend

Originally posted by Rachid Rachid Rachid

In fairness to SP he's tried to draw investment as and when its been needed to keep us in the division whilst trying to protect the club from the wrong type. So the current ownership structure has evolved through necessity and without Textor's money a couple of years back we'd already be in the Championship.

What I find really curious are the stories that Harris and Blitzer didn't understand the concept of relegation when they acquired their shares and (by inference) that their attitude to investment changed as a result.

As others have said a degree of complacency set in pre-season with the club gambling heavily on the three promoted teams not being good enough along with Forest.

I think there's been complacency amongst some of the fans as well with all the social media full of comment about what a great squad we had, Zaha no longer needed etc when IMO that wasn't the case.

Clearly there was a lack of height / strong headers of the ball which was exposed a bit towards the end of last season most notably against West Ham.

You could go on and on but most of all the lack of any real attacking quality or intensity throughout the whole team or squad when we lose two players. The warning signs were there pre-season.

No one argues that Parish done a good Job originally, but the outside investment is always on his terms, he doesn't own the club, and the ridiculous voting system has made the board impotent

 


Thats a joke son, I say, thats a joke. Nice boy, but hes sharp as a throw pillow. Hes so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent Son I say, son, some people are so narrow minded they can look through a keyhole with both eyes.__ Forhorn Leghorn

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View johnmcormick8's Profile johnmcormick8 Flag Brundish 04 Feb 24 4.05pm Send a Private Message to johnmcormick8 Add johnmcormick8 as a friend

I am convinced the players, the management and owners only want the best for the club and work as hard they can for it. I believe those supporters who feel differently consider their options. If you don't like the way Steve runs the club then stop supporting don't go to games spend your money elsewhere. The protests are only helping our rivals .

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View eagleman13's Profile eagleman13 Flag On The Road To Hell & Alicante 04 Feb 24 4.22pm Send a Private Message to eagleman13 Holmesdale Online Elite Member Add eagleman13 as a friend

Originally posted by johnmcormick8

I am convinced the players, the management and owners only want the best for the club and work as hard they can for it. I believe those supporters who feel differently consider their options. If you don't like the way Steve runs the club then stop supporting don't go to games spend your money elsewhere. The protests are only helping our rivals .

So, with respect, how/what are we, as supporters supposed to do, according to you? Are we,according to you, not allowed to voice our displeasure at what we pay hard earned money, following our team? I & the majority of supporters know the people involved work hard for the club, BUT, why is it we are now where we are & for the 1st time since I can remember, in now my 60th season of being on the roller coaster that is CPFC, fans/supporters are now demonstrating? We are all fed up. Telling us supporters to go & stop attending, spend our hard earned money elsewhere, who the hell are you???

 


I'm a blind man, i'm a blind man, now my room is cold,
When a blind man cries, Lord, he feels it from his soul.
[Link]

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 04 Feb 24 4.28pm Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by johnmcormick8

If you don't like the way Steve runs the club then stop supporting don't go to games spend your money elsewhere.

A football club supporter tends to be a supporter for life whereas a football club director is merely a temporary custodian

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CpfcWeTrust1's Profile CpfcWeTrust1 Flag 04 Feb 24 4.49pm Send a Private Message to CpfcWeTrust1 Add CpfcWeTrust1 as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

A football club supporter tends to be a supporter for life whereas a football club director is merely a temporary custodian

Right..... and SP is a supporter and a chairman? So I'm not sure how your point is valid.

Why is it certain fans alude to the view of "Parish wants to leave a legacy with a stadium and doesn't care about the club".

I would've thought the stadium improvement had obvious reasons for it.

I cannot understand this thinking.

He is and always has been a fan, much like SJ.

Does anybody really think they want to cock up or make mistakes costing potential millions.

It's not like he isn't trying to steer the club towards success and it's not as if he would get enjoyment out of the angry fans with banners every week.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View NEILLO's Profile NEILLO Flag Shoreham-by-Sea 04 Feb 24 5.45pm Send a Private Message to NEILLO Add NEILLO as a friend

Originally posted by CpfcWeTrust1

Right..... and SP is a supporter and a chairman? So I'm not sure how your point is valid.

Why is it certain fans alude to the view of "Parish wants to leave a legacy with a stadium and doesn't care about the club".

I would've thought the stadium improvement had obvious reasons for it.

I cannot understand this thinking.

He is and always has been a fan, much like SJ.

Does anybody really think they want to cock up or make mistakes costing potential millions.

It's not like he isn't trying to steer the club towards success and it's not as if he would get enjoyment out of the angry fans with banners every week.

A journalist, cant recall which one, wrote that Parish was viewing the building of the new stand as his legacy.

That he cares about the club is not in dispute in my opinion.

In terms of achievement, Steve is the most successful chairman we have had. Although of course the likes of Arthur Wait and Ron Noades were virtually outright owners which Parish has never been.

Everybody makes mistakes and Im sure he would be the first to admit that hes made a few down the years.

But I think his decision making has been questionable for a couple of years now. It feels to me that hes getting it wrong more often than right .

Im sure the discord in the Boardroom is having an impact.

 


Old, Ungifted and White

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View CpfcWeTrust1's Profile CpfcWeTrust1 Flag 04 Feb 24 6.07pm Send a Private Message to CpfcWeTrust1 Add CpfcWeTrust1 as a friend

Originally posted by NEILLO

A journalist, cant recall which one, wrote that Parish was viewing the building of the new stand as his legacy.

That he cares about the club is not in dispute in my opinion.

In terms of achievement, Steve is the most successful chairman we have had. Although of course the likes of Arthur Wait and Ron Noades were virtually outright owners which Parish has never been.

Everybody makes mistakes and Im sure he would be the first to admit that hes made a few down the years.

But I think his decision making has been questionable for a couple of years now. It feels to me that hes getting it wrong more often than right .

Im sure the discord in the Boardroom is having an impact.

Good points.

I expect the pressure of getting so many things correct is pretty high and I agree things haven't gone brilliantly but I think this is magnified because of the likes of Brightons recent successes and by Roy inabilities. I think we are unlucky with injuries recently (whether that's down to Roy or not is a point of contention.)

In this respect, if we survive and have everybody fit for next season, things will look a lot rosier.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View redshift's Profile redshift Flag Toronto 04 Feb 24 6.36pm Send a Private Message to redshift Add redshift as a friend

Originally posted by Nicholas91

You've saved me writing a very long post and therefore others being subjected to my long winded rambling NEILLO, I completely agree.

With no evidence asides from seeing the situation pan out as it has, I was very much of the opinion Parish thought keeping Roy was the equivalent of 'securing another season' whilst he builds a stand as his monument.

Unfortunately, this is football and it does not always pan out as such. Perhaps I've missed a trick in not holding as much resentment toward Parish as others seem to, and I'm not suggesting I have any let alone all the answers, however I am witnessing this apparent strategy faltering big time.

Football atrocious and ineffective, we're on course for relegation, players unhappy, fans incandescent, manager without answers and perhaps justifiably facing extreme hostility. Something has to change. If Parish does nothing, that will be his legacy and will almost nullify anything preceding it.

And you Neillo have saved me from having to tax my remaining brain cells to write something because you hit it spot on imo. This was supposed to be a no-brainer 'safe' move by the BoD but sometimes life punishes you for taking things for granted. This is one such case.
Now we have a nascent crisis, a struggling team led by a septuagenarian whose time has been passed by.
The Board has created a real problem, from not wanting to make any decision at all they now have a life changing one to make. Maintain the course as is or try to change things up. I don't envy them but they brought this on themselves.

 


Success will lie to you but failure always tells you the truth.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > Palace Talk > What Have the Owners done Wrong?