You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World
May 26 2022 4.10pm

Post EU World

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 129 of 129 << First< 125 126 127 128 129

 

View Wisbech Eagle's Profile Wisbech Eagle Flag Truro Cornwall 10 May 22 3.15pm Send a Private Message to Wisbech Eagle Add Wisbech Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Looks like the EU is finally realising that the one size fits all model may not be the best place to go.

[Link]

Macron is suggesting an outer group with the UK invited. Of course there is no detail at this stage but if he means a free trade bloc and the UK free to make its own decisions on matters not relating to the EU I am willing to listen.

The devil as they say is in the detail.

A "two-speed" Europe has been discussed for decades. My daughter wrote her dissertation on it in 1983, and I presented a paper on it to my employer at the time, based on her work.

It always looked blindingly obvious to me that this was the way to go. An inner core drawing ever closer, and an outer group economically associated, but at an arms length.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 10 May 22 5.40pm Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by Wisbech Eagle

A "two-speed" Europe has been discussed for decades. My daughter wrote her dissertation on it in 1983, and I presented a paper on it to my employer at the time, based on her work.

It always looked blindingly obvious to me that this was the way to go. An inner core drawing ever closer, and an outer group economically associated, but at an arms length.

Don't tell us tell the EU apart from Macron there doesn't seem to be an appetite.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View steeleye20's Profile steeleye20 Flag Croydon 10 May 22 6.06pm Send a Private Message to steeleye20 Add steeleye20 as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

Don't tell us tell the EU apart from Macron there doesn't seem to be an appetite.

Emanuelle won an election, it doesn't make him Napoleon Bonaparte 2.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Badger11's Profile Badger11 Flag Beckenham 11 May 22 7.40am Send a Private Message to Badger11 Add Badger11 as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

Emanuelle won an election, it doesn't make him Napoleon Bonaparte 2.

It's a good analogy Boney was a short arse as well.

 


One more point

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View ASCPFC's Profile ASCPFC Online Flag Pro-Cathedral/caravan park 11 May 22 9.19am Send a Private Message to ASCPFC Add ASCPFC as a friend

Originally posted by Badger11

It's a good analogy Boney was a short arse as well.

What's their thing with short? Sarkozy too. Must be an in joke.

 


I used to put the manager's name in front of Red and Blue but got fed up with changing it. If someone cool becomes our manager then maybe..

Red and Blue Army!

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 129 of 129 << First< 125 126 127 128 129

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Post EU World