You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Starmer's past catching up with him
June 1 2023 11.03am

Starmer's past catching up with him

Previous Topic | Next Topic


Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

 

View Midlands Eagle's Profile Midlands Eagle Flag 19 Apr 23 9.00am Send a Private Message to Midlands Eagle Add Midlands Eagle as a friend

Originally posted by steeleye20

A labour government would freeze council tax for a year funded by a proper windfall tax on gas and oil companies.

That windfall tax is going to cover an awful lot of spending as it seems to be Labour's answer to every funding requirement

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View beak's Profile beak Flag croydon 19 Apr 23 9.45am Send a Private Message to beak Add beak as a friend

Originally posted by Midlands Eagle

That windfall tax is going to cover an awful lot of spending as it seems to be Labour's answer to every funding requirement

Fortunately the big oil companies are making huge amounts and have set aside millions for a windfall tax that they are expecting.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 19 Apr 23 10.52am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

It's like the stupidity of non dom income will all stay onshore and pay loads more tax.

The vast majority of non doms in UK are Indians , not all mega rich but middle class doing ok.

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 19 Apr 23 10.56pm Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by HKOwen

It's like the stupidity of non dom income will all stay onshore and pay loads more tax.

The vast majority of non doms in UK are Indians , not all mega rich but middle class doing ok.

No, Western Europe is more common than India

30% of people earning over 5m in the UK claim non dom status. 0.3% of people earning less than 100,000 claim non dom status

As usual you spout without any real facts or knowledge.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
footythoughts Flag Beckenham 19 Apr 23 11.51pm

Originally posted by HKOwen

It's like the stupidity of non dom income will all stay onshore and pay loads more tax.

The vast majority of non doms in UK are Indians , not all mega rich but middle class doing ok.

If the very wealthy are going to rip off the nation, the answer most likely isn't to make it even easier for them to dos o. With every measure brought in you dissuade some. Of course politically in many cases these loopholes are also used by the very people who bring them in. Still, if every sh!tty behaviour by the rich and powerful is clapped by the seals, don't be surprised if it becomes more prounced not less.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 20 Apr 23 4.28am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No, Western Europe is more common than India

30% of people earning over 5m in the UK claim non dom status. 0.3% of people earning less than 100,000 claim non dom status

As usual you spout without any real facts or knowledge.

My info was from a podcast by centrists, happy to be corrected, what is the source of your info

This was looking at UK citizens with second passports or spouses who claimed non dom.

There are many countries that do not allow dual passports.

Only 0.1% of people have incomes of 500K or more

I have an open mind on non dom status as long as we use the method that collects most net tax.

Labour keep throwing out non dom tax and energy windfall tax as cornucopias that will provide huge revenue easy to collect

I am interested in non dom status only from an economic rather than ideological point of view

Edited by HKOwen (20 Apr 2023 4.37am)

Edited by HKOwen (20 Apr 2023 4.40am)

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View HKOwen's Profile HKOwen Flag Hong Kong 22 Apr 23 3.33am Send a Private Message to HKOwen Add HKOwen as a friend

Originally posted by Mapletree

No, Western Europe is more common than India

30% of people earning over 5m in the UK claim non dom status. 0.3% of people earning less than 100,000 claim non dom status

As usual you spout without any real facts or knowledge.

So do you have a source for your figures?

I am sure you do and are not spouting without any real facts or knowledge

 


Responsibility Deficit Disorder is a medical condition. Symptoms include inability to be corrected when wrong, false sense of superiority, desire to share personal info no else cares about, general hubris. It's a medical issue rather than pure arrogance.

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View cryrst's Profile cryrst Flag The garden of England 22 Apr 23 4.21am Send a Private Message to cryrst Add cryrst as a friend

Originally posted by beak

Fortunately the big oil companies are making huge amounts and have set aside millions for a windfall tax that they are expecting.

But the only bit that can be taxed is UK profits. Which will not give Labour anything like what they expect. Also missed out are the very employees paying tax and NI who work for these companies.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View georgenorman's Profile georgenorman Flag 22 Apr 23 7.31am Send a Private Message to georgenorman Add georgenorman as a friend

Originally posted by footythoughts

If the very wealthy are going to rip off the nation, the answer most likely isn't to make it even easier for them to dos o. With every measure brought in you dissuade some. Of course politically in many cases these loopholes are also used by the very people who bring them in. Still, if every sh!tty behaviour by the rich and powerful is clapped by the seals, don't be surprised if it becomes more prounced not less.

Perhaps we should tighten up on benefit fraud, that would save huge sums of money.

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 22 Apr 23 9.59am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by georgenorman

Perhaps we should tighten up on benefit fraud, that would save huge sums of money.

Tax evasion is around 3% of total tax liabilities, while benefit fraud accounts for 0.8% of total benefit expenditure.

Tax evasion 35bn. Benefit fraud 6bn. The latter far worse recently suggesting weak management of the DWP.

On a Pareto basis, which should have the bigger focus?

And who is responsible for these woeful figures?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Mapletree's Profile Mapletree Flag Croydon 22 Apr 23 10.00am Send a Private Message to Mapletree Add Mapletree as a friend

Originally posted by cryrst

But the only bit that can be taxed is UK profits. Which will not give Labour anything like what they expect. Also missed out are the very employees paying tax and NI who work for these companies.

Because Labour is too thick to notice what you have spotted?

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply
View Teddy Eagle's Profile Teddy Eagle Flag 22 Apr 23 10.04am Send a Private Message to Teddy Eagle Add Teddy Eagle as a friend


[Link]

 

Alert Alert a moderator to this post Edit this post Quote this post in a reply

 

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Previous Topic | Next Topic

You are here: Home > Message Board > News & Politics > Starmer's past catching up with him